Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: What health reform means for you

Hey G. If you think that national health care run by the government is going to provide every sick person with equal treatment you are wrong. The rich will still be able to pay for better doc tors, test, treatment etc... I will agree with one part of your reply. Emergency medicine ( emergency rooms ) will get better. As it stands now if you are brought into an emergency room there will be an administrator asking for insurance info and if you are not able to talk they will go through your wallet looking for an insurance card. If you do not have insurance believe me you will not get the same treatment. Under national health care a lot of trauma centers would re-open. This would give accident victims a better chance.  But at what cost and long term health care would be poor at best. Less paper work ... not! Remember this is the government. I would like to see more testing. For instance many patients do not get an MRI when medically neccesary because they do not have insurance. Many diseases if found early are completely treatable. MRI's and other test are crucial but expensive. If you think national health care is going to pay for an MRI every time a Doctor request one you are wrong. The Canadian health care system is an example we need to pay close attention to. It has ruined there economy and Canadians still wait months even years for treatment. Many die waiting for treatment. This is fact G. National Health Care is a very bad idea. I would rather have an HMO fighting with my Doctor over what test or medicines he or she can prescribe instead of the federal government making that decision. Sorry for the long reply but this is something I know something about.
This is CABL.com posting #262256. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbgn6
Posted in reply to: Re: What health reform means for you by JD42596
There are 0 replies to this message