Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: New guy

RC, you do have a great attitude 

I pride myself on trying to keep a great attitude. I feel the day I hate doing the cable thing is the day I will go look for other work. I can't say i have ever really been screwed by a contractor. I think it is easier for us to screw them being that I do the sales install thing. I am blessed right now with a very small PCO that is willing to pay me what they do for the mindless work that I accomplish. Sometimes I take for granted what i know but I truly believe anyone can do what I do. Damn it's not brain surgery to knock on a door and ask them if they want cable and then go install it. But I guess others just can't do certain things. 

I run into a lot of people these days without jobs. I usually tell everyone to go onto the cable bar and check out some of the jobs. We really do have it made guys. It's not like the work is going away anytime soon. There are some good companies out there that are willing to show the newbies how to install. If you can install and install better than decent and have some time management skills than you are going to be set for life. Hope this helps the "new guy".

SalesDawg
This is CABL.com posting #261952. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbgjc
Posted in reply to: New guy by chris1025
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: New guy rc_satellite 7/21/2009 12:14:14 AM