Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: First Shot at a Union Contract

I have been a member of this site for some time. i have never posted anything just check the board every so often. But this topic of a union for cable workers is disturbing to me. I do realize that there are many out there scamming installers and salesmans. But with all the things going on in our country now, do you really want my/your profession to end up in the hands of the goverment also? I will tell you from my personal experiences working with union ppl, mainly in a industrial setting most are not professional, most are uneducated, overpayed, and then bitch about not making enough. then they sit around on there asses for 7 months out of the year and let me pay there unemployement. make no mistake any kind of union formed will not be ' For the People ' it will ultimately be influenced by the goverment. I have worked in ann arbor for comcast for years , now do direct , dish , wb in southern indiana. i only work for people that pay. im not desparte, and just will not work for anyone that asks me to do installs for them. can honestly say i have never had a problem getting paid.

Just something to consider.

incableguy
This is CABL.com posting #258292. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbfma
Posted in reply to: First Shot at a Union Contract by l8rb
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: First Shot at a Union Contract Trey9007 6/28/2009 6:49:54 PM