Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: CableGuy Nightmares

A guy that worked for me goes to what I like to call a "Trophy House"(10-15 Million dollar mansion),he gets to the door and is met by the electrician, and the "Home theater guy" who both say "all I need is signal to the house and we will install all of the equipment no problem.
The tech then proceeds to hand over 1 EMTA, 1 Docsis 3 modem, and 10 HD boxes and says "sign here".

Fast forward to 4:30 P.M. the same day, I get a call that one of the jobs that one of my techs did has you guessed it No Bloc sync, No dial tone, and No picture, so me not knowing he handed over all of this eq and left I go to the addaress and find 3 daisy chained 8 ways, no amps, 24 screw on fittings and enough electrical tape wrapped around 16 twisted pairs to choke a Donkey.

Needless to say I then spent the next 2 hours reconfigureing 24 outlets mounting 3 amps one to feed each 8-way and mounting the EMTA to the wall in the basement and connecting all of the phone line pairs to the 66 block I had to install.

That tech spent the next 30 days doing traps and disco's

Oh yeah I almost forgot..........Hey Gwester.........SHUT-UP!!!!!!!!
This is CABL.com posting #258231. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbflb
Posted in reply to: CableGuy Nightmares by MBMillennium
There are 4 replies to this message
Re: CableGuy Nightmares sdelnay 7/5/2009 5:49:56 PM
Re: CableGuy Nightmares ctek24 6/25/2009 4:13:41 PM
Re: CableGuy Nightmares Gwester843 6/22/2009 7:33:00 PM
Re: CableGuy Nightmares MBMillennium 6/22/2009 3:52:20 PM