Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Free Healthcare Costs

Sorry JD, down here in Tejas de Mexico they have already passed 'tort reform', and it has served to accomplish two things:

1) MORE expensive billings...which still get massively cut by insurance companies (who charge us more also!)...so providers now create 'accidental' multiple billings (hoping not to be noticed), and bill the consumer before the insurance pays to see who will blink first. If that doesn't work, then suddenly more 'tests' are needed "for MY office, We cannot use theirs...it won't be the 'same' result...". I got put thru a 'Thallium' stress test three times before I quit that office...a YEAR after the stent was installed! I've even had a hospital agree to a payment plan, take two on-time payments, then send it to collections! Bottom line: they know you "can't" be frivolous now, but they still have to pay for the insurance, so WE get the shaft.

2) Now the 'lawyers' are extremely picky about what they will even look at...your consultation needs to sound iron-clad and be worth at least 2mil before they will expend any resources to research your claim. The only exceptions I've seen were class-actions...and they are mostly from out-of-state.

On the other hand, at the risk of stirring up another hornet's nest (no, Gwester is just gnats...), whatever happened to Hillary's big scheme that no-one wanted to look at ten years ago? i thought she "had THE answer" according to the Dem's!????!
L-8-R-B
This is CABL.com posting #258057. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbfin
Posted in reply to: Re: Free Healthcare Costs by JD42596
There are 0 replies to this message