Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: The Shoe On The Other Foot - For The DTV Insta

Wow this is a fun little firestorm....
I was one of the first installers (we didn't use the fancy "Tech" name) to be certified by Thompson to do installs for Direct in the early 90's. I was around when Charley was holding his breath over at Echosphere when they put the first Dish bird up...it wasn't insured - they didn't have the $$$. Anyway, I've been around...from ON-TV to cable to C Band to Little dishes.
What the hell is wrong with you guys? I'm speaking to contractors AND techs. I got screwed by a cable contractor ONCE. Working in Redondo Beach the contractor ran out on my partner and me. He got paid - we didn't.  We sent a legal notice to the MSO legal dept. of intent to place liens on all unpaid installs...and WE GOT PAID! Unless you SIGNED A CONTRACT stipulating the chargebacks they have no legal rights. They just rely on you spineless install dogs to take it.
Get some balls - call the FCC, call your congressman, go to the courthouse and file liens. The corporate hacks who are running  Direct and Dish need to bleed a little.
Isn't there one guy out there with a relative who's a lawyer? Start a Class Action Lawsuit. Charge these guys with racketeering (look it up).
I am all for chargebacks for shoddy (BTW - THAT"S the to spell it) workmanship. But 1. you should not be accepting responsibility for Acts of God or stupid homeowners 2. If you're eating charges for company supplied equipment then get out of the business. You are an idiot.
No I'm not in the trenches anymore, and yes I was in on the Glory Days - blah, blah, blah. But these are business principals, you whiners got sucked in on the $1000 a week ads and now you can't do anything but cry on these boards.
Figure out if you are an employee or not ( the definition changes from state to state). READ YOUR CONTRACT ( if you didn't get a copy, get one - if they refuse stop working today). If you did work that was up to specification and were not paid then it is either fraud  or theft. Have the bastards arrested.
The bottom line is to make a big PUBLIC stink about how Dish/Direct is treating working men. Hell, call 20/20, call 60 Minutes, call Geraldo!
If you guys spent less time crying in your beer and a little more time acting like adults things would be a lot better.
Good Luck
This is CABL.com posting #257392. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbe7E
Posted in reply to: The Shoe On The Other Foot - For The DTV Installer by ctekenyac
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: The Shoe On The Other Foot - For The DTV Insta installmike 6/14/2009 1:20:30 PM