Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: The Shoe On The Other Foot - For The DTV Insta

In business there's a right way and a wrong way to go about things. Even though you may potentially lose a large amont of money you can't just up and change the rules at your whim. In business you have to have forsight towards potential problems or risk taking huge losses. The bottom line is really simple 2 weeks before your company leaves a market you tell your techs that you're going to hold their last check 4 months. Nothing was signed by any techs when this occured in my experience. And then to boot the field "supervisor" keeps telling us that you're not going to hold our last check any longer then normal, just the "other guys" who caused the $18,000.00 in back charges and damage claims. Obviously just a lie to make sure we turned all our gear in which would of happened anyways. So we both have risks we take but you can't just decide to verbally change things to suit your needs. If I would have signed a contract there would be no bitching but I didn't and I was lied to.

They did pay very good and were fair with everything up until this point. I trusted them and was even considering going out of state to work with them. But it's amazing how one little thing can change everything. Bottom line have techs in the future sign contracts and just payroll X amount or X % of each check until a retainer of X amount is held. That way techs are held accountable and still get their last paycheck on time and in full. Then 3 or 4 months down the road they get the remainder of that deposit back as well and every reasonable person is happy.

This is not a deal of a bad company taking advantage of the techs just a good company who made a bad decision in haste to prevent losing money and did it the wrong way. It would take literally 1 week to have an attorney draw up a IC agreement like I did using existing templates and say another 3 days to email it to every tech and supervisor, have them sign it and turn it in to their supervisors. I enjoyed working with your company and hold no hard feelings.
This is CABL.com posting #257189. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbe4n
Posted in reply to: Re: The Shoe On The Other Foot - For The DTV Insta by SATMAN/MEMPHIS
There are 0 replies to this message