Create your free account now! Sign up

Crew held hostage

We were doing wreckout in a up scale rural mountain community, chasing the line through the woods, when we came upon some houses. Went back to get my truck, before door knocking. Pulled into the driveway and went to the door to get permission to access pole line. Home owner answers the door, I told her who we were,and what we were doing and ask her for permission. Which, her reply was "I don't have cable. There is a cable company up here? I've lived here 7 years and know nothing about cable TV in the area, and I never heard of f#@king xxxxxxxxxxx cable." She started going off on me. Telling me not to move and screamed at my 2 guys not to move. She was going to get to the bottom of this. Now, grant it , were not white collar looking types, but I did have my ponytail tucked in my shirt, we all had our safty vest, hard hats, and ID badges on, and a bucket truck, with logos on it sitting in her driveway. I politly gave her my ID badge with the cable companys phone number. She had her cell phone in hand the whole time. She then called the cable company, on the phone for 20 min. I then told my son, who was on the pole out back to come on down, that it was going to be a while. He said no way, its safer up here. After getting off the phone, with the cable company,Thank god for crew locates, but, she still wasn't satisfied. So, she calls the Sheriff Dept. Well, about 10 min later, the Sheriff, 3 of them show up. Now, I am starting to get pissed off. After doing a on the spot background check we were cleared, and the homeowner reluctantly granted us permission to proceed. What a BITCH she was, and that's putting it nicely. This whole episode took 2 hours out of my day. Who pays me for that? Nobody! So, beerthirty, came early that day.   
This is CABL.com posting #257146. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbe3G
There are 4 replies to this message
Re: Crew held hostage Chris Cook 6/14/2009 12:57:35 PM
Re: Crew held hostage TheRobMan 6/13/2009 10:30:44 AM
Re: Crew held hostage SpeedLasher 6/12/2009 1:04:59 AM
Re: Crew held hostage sab3r 6/11/2009 10:37:44 PM