Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: The Shoe On The Other Foot - For The DTV Insta

To the 2 previous replies...  Trust me when I tell you that I understand completely, I don't like the situation no more than any other contractor or technician.  I have been in the same situation, there are companies out there that still have money of mine, in the thousands.  I put out to our teams back in January, that all of this was coming down the pipe line, I also stated how much and offered an open table solution.  You know one thing I did not expect was the severity and the length of time these charges were going back to. I think it is extremely harsh but there is nothing we can do, except prevent what we can going forward and work together to express these concerns to the correct people. We spend every day trying to dispute and fight whatever we can, some you win and some you don't.

Dishdoc... I hear you 100%, the problem is we all could do that as a company but DirecTV holds everyone responsible for upto 90 days after that customer is completed.  I know exactly what you are saying, and we also know that a perfectly, asthetic job can stop working 3 days after the install, as well as a sloppy job could run for 8 years with no problems.  The challenge is keeping it up and running for a minimum of 90 days and prevent any further action towards the installer.  This is the biggest challenge.  Lastly let me ask if you have paid a tech under you let's say $2,000 for completed work, then 30 days later you get 3 charges (for a total of $250)  to you that a tech installed a system and 8 days later the customer had a service issue.  The charge is now in your lap but the tech is no longer working for you, do you think if you sent him a bill for that charge you would ever see a dime?  Probably not and you would have to eat that cost and probably be pretty upset about it. Times that by lets say.. 60 techs.. that is 3 charge backs each tech.  60 techs totaling $250 per tech... Doesn't sound like a lot of charge backs in a 30 day span right, but let's take our total which is $15,000 in 30 days... Who would you hold responsible, or would you eat that every month?  This is the reality we face, but it can be fixed, not over night but it can be fixed.  It's not contractors wanting to get rich off of technicians ( not all contractors), they have no choice to create a way to cover their interests... Their Business.. Once again not true for all but true for some. 
This is CABL.com posting #257102. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbe2Y
Posted in reply to: Re: The Shoe On The Other Foot - For The DTV Insta by Dishdocs
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: The Shoe On The Other Foot - For The DTV Insta john wilson 7/14/2009 10:02:49 AM