Create your free account now! Sign up

re: knights use of unlic contrators in Pinellas RE

I read the post and thought Id ask if what we are doing is legal? Im posting two emails from Pinellas and State Officals read and learn. If so one pushs the issue this could change things for us.  Shity as it is we need to work. Maybe I let the cat out of the bag.  Why is it in the new contract it asks for Workmans Comp and All State and Local licenses. But didnt even ask for them when I signed it to get my check?

I am writing in response to your e-mail of June 2, 2009 in which you questioned the need for a license by subcontractors installing for Knight Enterprises.

Yes, you are required to be licensed!

Chapter 489.505, Florida Statutes exempts companies installing cable systems such as Bright House. Their employees are also exempt.

Robert Nicholas Halle is licensed as a Limited Energy System Specialty Contractor and is the qualifier for Jeffry Knight Inc. dba Knight Enterprises. Knight’s employees are covered under Halle’s license.

Knight’s subcontractors and/or non-employee installers are not covered by Halle’s license and therefore are required to be licensed as a Limited Energy System Specialty Contractor by the Electrical Contractors Licensing Board (ECLB) and registered with the Pinellas County Construction Licensing Board (PCCLB) in order to legally work in Pinellas County. The definition or scope of work is defined below!

Alternatively, the Pinellas County Construction Licensing Board has two classifications which may be applicable depending on the actual scope of work. Either of these licenses would also require licensees to register their local PCCLB license with the ECLB in order to be active. These are also defined below.

COMMUNICATION SYSTEM SPECIALTY CONTRACTOR
“Communication System Specialty Contractor” means communication systems including computers, sound systems, antennas, satellite dishes, telephone customer premises equipment, or premises wiring operating at 75 volts or less.

(Established 3/17/87)

LOW VOLTAGE SPECIALTY CONTRACTOR
“Low Voltage Specialty Contractor” means Telecommunications, HVAC Controls, community antenna television and radio distribution systems, signaling systems other than burglar and fire alarms. (75v or less)

(Established 11/18/86)

LIMITED ENERGY SYSTEMS SPECIALTY. The scope of certification of a limited energy systems specialty contractor includes the installation, repair, fabrication, erection, alteration, addition to, or design of electrical wiring, fixtures, appliances, thermostats, apparatus, raceways, conduit, and fiber optics (transmission of light over stranded glass) or any part thereof not to exceed 98 volts, when those items are for the purpose of transmitting data, proprietary video (satellite systems which are not part of a community antenna television, cable television, or radio distribution system), radio frequency, central vacuum, or electric locks, data distribution networks, home theater systems, surround sound systems, public address systems or telephone systems.

(a) The scope of certification is limited to electrical circuits and equipment governed by the applicable provisions of Articles 725 (Class 2 and 3 circuits only), 770, 800, 810, and 820 of the National Electrical Code, 1984 Edition, or 47 C.F.R. Part 68.

(b) The scope of certification shall not include work performed by public utilities exempt under the terms of Section 489.503(5), F.S., or exempt due to the regulatory jurisdiction of the Florida Public Service Commission.

Please contact the PCCLB and we’ll be happy to assist as you apply for your license. The application is on-line and can be found at www.pcclb.com

2nd Email from the State board

an unlicensed individual must be "employed" by the licensed contractor to legally work per FS 489. FS defines employees, which typically includes the collection and reporting of FICA, SS with holding, SUTA, FUTA and workers compensation insurance.

Im sure this information can used to give um some hell.  I hope this puts that Knight Super that posted in the other listing saying were covered.. Knight hasnt been caught. Its a bunch of kids now calling the shoots in South County.  Im seeing some of the best techs they every had leave or trying to find work elswhere.  Its all the leads hidding at home on there Xbox's playing Call Of Duty, you have the North Lead making 5k a pay period pulling all apts.  QC and a Lead hanging at Bar drinking during the day on the southside. Drug deals in the back parking lot behind the trailers as soon as the white truck with no ladders pulls in.. Got any Roxies says the guy who got popped for growing weed how can. But wait arent we all in need some pain killers.  Its a requirement to be a installer these days. Anyone wanna hear more dirt... And the Old Teach Cop now Knight Bit&*& kiss my coax....

Peace   

This is CABL.com posting #256716. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbeWK
There are 9 replies to this message
re: knights use of unlic contrators in Pinellas RE FlCableGod 10/10/2009 8:15:03 PM
re: knights use of unlic contrators in Pinellas RE traveltech 6/8/2009 11:22:15 AM
re: knights use of unlic contrators in Pinellas RE traveltech 6/8/2009 10:49:27 AM
re: knights use of unlic contrators in Pinellas RE BobbyAltman 6/8/2009 8:14:25 AM