Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: I-beam clamp NEC approved??

250.96 Bonding Other Enclosures.

(B) Isolated Grounding Circuits. Where installed for the reduction of electrical noise (electromagnetic interference) on the grounding circuit, an equipment enclosure supplied by a branch circuit shall be permitted to be isolated from a raceway containing circuits supplying only that equipment by one or more listed nonmetallic raceway fittings located at the point of attachment of the raceway to the equipment enclosure. The metal raceway shall comply with provisions of this article and shall be supplemented by an internal insulated equipment grounding conductor installed in accordance with 250.146(D) to ground the equipment enclosure.
FPN: Use of an isolated equipment grounding conductor does not relieve the requirement for grounding the raceway system.

250.146 Connecting Receptacle Grounding Terminal to Box.

(D) Isolated Receptacles. Where installed for the reduction of electrical noise (electromagnetic interference) on the grounding circuit, a receptacle in which the grounding terminal is purposely insulated from the receptacle mounting means shall be permitted. The receptacle grounding terminal shall be connected to an insulated equipment grounding conductor run with the circuit conductors. This equipment grounding conductor shall be permitted to pass through one or more panelboards without a connection to the panelboard grounding terminal bar as permitted in 408.40, Exception, so as to terminate within the same building or structure directly at an equipment grounding conductor terminal of the applicable derived system or service. Where installed in accordance with the provisions of this section, this equipment grounding conductor shall also be permitted to pass through boxes, wireways, or other enclosures without being connected to such enclosures.
FPN: Use of an isolated equipment grounding conductor does not relieve the requirement for grounding the raceway system and outlet box.

This is CABL.com posting #256373. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbeRd
Posted in reply to: I-beam clamp NEC approved?? by custommedia
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: I-beam clamp NEC approved?? scooterz56 6/4/2009 4:55:54 AM