Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Chinese Goods

I know what you are saying and in doing that you are agreeing with G's start of the thread. I know that we use to be a great country. And I feel that is what he was trying to say. That we need to get back to our leadership in the world. Those products I listed, what can the US do without? We need lumber, gas, motor oil, computers, etc. Now we do. We didn't some of these things before. But now we do.
I think we are arguing the same argument. We use to rely on ourselves for all we needed as far as essentials go, now we outsource to other countries to make an extra dollar. At least the manufacturers do. And I agree that if things are made in the US that is more expensive. It goes to the American and what he/she is willing to do and for how much. But if the American is willing to make a good living and once again become productive and not expect more than we are willing to produce or are worth, then we can be competitive again.

I just put those products off the top of my head. I am sure you can think of many that are essential in modern day life that the US produces. Many essential items are made in other countries now. We both know that. You asked me to list what I thought was essential items now, that the US produced. I did without too much effort. We use to produce electronics and were the leader there. Just one example of one that was outsourced or beaten by competition.

Do I specifically target those daily? Some. And some not but it doesn't change the fact that they are essential. Do we need gas? yes. Computers? yes. Do we need lights? yes. Do we need lumber? yes. and so on. Daily? Some, yes. And others, not daily but it doesn't diminish the essential use of them.

Now I have to trace the items? I don't need to. We know there are produced here. Are they produced by US companies now? I don't know. Just a country willing to sell their mother. But I did what you asked. Once again I think we are on the same page. We need our country back. And being prideful and mean spirited may not be the answer to that. I won't tell anyone what to do. Just suggest as I am so not perfect. But I can try to learn no matter how old I get and be a better person no matter how bad of a person I am.

This is CABL.com posting #256082. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbeMw
Posted in reply to: Re: Chinese Goods by MCT-40
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Chinese Goods MCT-40 6/1/2009 9:04:20 AM
Re: Chinese Goods JD42596 6/1/2009 7:16:09 AM