Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Anyone taking bets on when someone goes postal

Ok heres the problem I have.  Everyone has bad days and missing 1 of those items on the list is not huge to an extent.  Missing all of them ok I understand.  But to charge someone because they forgot one lousy bolt to me is a little over the line.  I would have made them go out there and put it in, but going and backcharging them and paying someone else to do it comeon now.

There are 2 key points here.  Everyone is human and make mistakes.  We live we learn and we move on.  The other is think of it this way,  if a tech has to roll back to a job he is wasting time and money.  This is good and bad.  If I know someone is QCing my jobs and I never have to go back again why would I care how my work looks?  I got someone whose going to fix it anyway.  The other thing is the tech never learns.

So QC guy fixes everything the tech looses money on backcharging.  What does the tech learn?

The QC guy goes out says this needs to be repaired.  Tech rolls out waste gas, time, money, and learns what he did wrong.

Those are the facts.  I would rater teach someone the right way to do something and if there not find out why there not.  Maybe theyre about to go homeless like everyone else it seems and if they sqeese in that last job theyll make there payment.  You never know the situation unless asked and give everyone a chance.

NOBODY in here does perfect work 100% of the time.  Thats a known fact.  As long as theres a human involved there will be a mistake somewhere down the line.
This is CABL.com posting #255594. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbeEE
Posted in reply to: Re: Anyone taking bets on when someone goes postal by djackson8809
There are 0 replies to this message