Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Is that all construction pays?

I haven't worked in the Phoenix area, but have in FL, GA, and CA in the last 10 years, so those are the areas that I have based what I said on.  So for the places I have no real knowledge of I don't want to make a foolish blanket statement about.  With that said I digress, somewhat.
I, too, try not to discriminate against, but I have a major issue with the state of our Union.  When I was younger I didn't fully understand why the Vets from Nam felt the ways they did; and I have a couple of family members who served.  Have been in areas in the vicinity of the Mid-East just prior to the ramp up of Desert Eagle---, then Desert Storm, and a few other mission I was privy to,  after retirement I suffered through a hard patch of time with no one I could turn to or talk with about what I was dealing with.  I have now compromised with my demons, but back to the subject at hand....., I believe in everything I did, but now I see so much of rights being stripped, lands being sold off to foriegn nationals, resources being exploited for personal gain, quality workmanship (craftsmanship) being traded for cheap labor and a quick buck.
The Cubans have taken over South FL, the Asians parts of New York/Central FL and parts of the Mid West, and well the Mexicans (Hispanics) just about everywhere else.  This isn't even the tip of the iceberg, but it's a place for me to start. 
I briefly worked UG construction along the east coast; from NC to FL and points in between, a great majority of the shovel hands were from Cntl and So. America; the laborers, misslers, cleanup crews, and so on.  And I know for fact that a great majority of them used stolen identities....
I don't doubt you when you say they left many of the areas they lived in and near looking worse than the second and third world places they ran back to when the stank hit the fan, but they are not the only pawns of the problem; the companies that hire them knowing their undocumented, the landlords renting to them knowing there will more people than roaches in the places before the ink dries on the applications, the police, judges, INS, politicians...., and so on...

I've gotten away from the original thread, I agree completely with your paragraph and what I believe is to replace everyone from the Whitehouse down to the school board and city commissioners, replace them with someone who represents the interests people, not the corporations.  Go back to the work ethics and habits of middle of the last century.
This is CABL.com posting #255466. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbeCA
Posted in reply to: Re: Is that all construction pays? by sab3r
There are 0 replies to this message