Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Cable Contractors - Leave while you still can.

You know what, I was never in cable and probably never will be.  I am on the satellite side.  Users here make a distinction between the 2.

I am glad I have seen alot of positive feedback in here reguards to the question.  I wanted to respond about satellite.

I love working and stringing cable.  Even the aligning of a dish.  There are those days granted they suck.

Over all theres not many places you can be a total jerk and get a way with it.  This is a very strange industry.  Reminds me alot of trucking.  I went trucking for a year, and wouldnt you know it I started seeing me getting fat.  Now I have always been an active person around satellite and running around all the time.  I am someone who has a hard time sitting still.

This industry For some reason you have to take breaks from it.  I have taken a few breaks from it, but I always seem to hop back in.  The best thing I can tell you is don't make it hard to get back in if you choose.  Theres something that grabs you off guard to hop back in one more time.

This is the way I have always viewed it.  Then seeing the customer at the end of the day delighted as can be now that they have their service.  To me thats the reward and normally the tip that came with it. 

I have a lot of passion in this industry and I have had actrual company reps say you have alot of passion in this field.  I'm not talking about the little HSP BS companies I'm talking like Hughes.

Its the greatest reward knowing that the customer really appreciated what you did for them to get their service going.  All the other crap doesnt feel so bad after that.  But of course gotta work for the right people too.
This is CABL.com posting #255245. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbey1
Posted in reply to: Re: Cable Contractors - Leave while you still can. by slimhefty
There is 1 reply to this message