Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: We are not a Christian Country

Then the law needs to be changed, not ignored and someone's desire inserted. And if others wish to pray in the town square, then
ok. You can't have it both ways.

And I am not advocating teaching religion at public schools, just not pretending it doesn't exist. Why are we criminalizing expressions of religious beliefs for a reason that does not exist ( I still can't find the words about seperation of church and state )? Why is it my kids are learning about kwanza and ramadan in class, but mention the bible and the whole school board wants to burn you at the stake? It is as if christianity is the enemy. That is what I find repulsive.

You never hear the talking heads or the ACLU  beating up on Farrakahn or Jesse Jackson do you? It is the uneven application of the rules that causes friction. If the congress doesn't want any religion in any public place, repeal or reword the first amendment. Otherwise enforce the law as written, not as you wish it were written or convenient for you to do so. Wishing away and creative reading of laws is what gets us into trouble. The Constitution says exactly what it says in a clear and concise manner, and we are letting judges who are not elected and serve for life and with little recourse on them once in office change the very fabric of our country into the image they choose, not us. This issue is part of a much larger problem.
This is CABL.com posting #255211. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbeyt
Posted in reply to: Re: We are not a Christian Country by drifterdawg
There are 0 replies to this message