Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: gettin burned out on cable....is satelite bett

it all comes down to who you work for.  I liked cable better than satellite.  Atleast with cable you didn't get screwed over on stuff, you get paid for everything you do.  When i contracted with Time Warner I done very well and drove alot less than with satellite.  If you live in a HUGE city satellite isn't that bad, but you don't then you drive ALOT more.  Plus you pay for material.   Every box has to have a phone line and a cable ran to it.  Yes you can charge for pole mounts, but I've had customers say they won't pay for a pole mount, so you have to do it for free to get the job in.  They watch your completions very hard and if a job can go in you make it go in.  that even goes for Walfishes.  Ive had several different supervisors with different companies tell me to do the free custom so the job goes in.  Personally I'm trying to get out of the trade because its all going to hell very quickly.  I don't know of anyother place were you take a yearly paycut. 
This is CABL.com posting #255149. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbext
Posted in reply to: gettin burned out on cable....is satelite better? by cableguy24
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: gettin burned out on cable....is satelite bett ronjrcosten 5/21/2009 10:42:29 PM