Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: We are not a Christian Country

Which means exactly what it says. Congress will not pass a law which creates or madates a particular religion. Read your history, it was written to prevent a situation like The Church of England form happening here. I don't see how any one can say that from Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, you get no one can believe or speak of religion in public period.

And you left out a big piece of the actual amendment, Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof. So how do you or congress or any judge tell me that I can't pray in school or in any other place in this country? How does the ACLU reconcile that part in their lawsuits. Funny how people leave out that part of the same sentence.

It is this crap that makes the ACLU suspect in my eyes. And, in my opinion,the removal of religion from the public sector is part of the progressive movement. They want people to look to the government for direction. You can't allow a priest, rabbi etc to get in the way and fill peoples heads with moral issues when the politicians want to do something. And God forbid, no pun intended, you look to anyone or thing for answers but them. Go back and look through history, one of the first things to come under attacks by governments who are looking for more or toal control is religion. Look for yourself, Hitler, Stalin, China, North Korea, the list is a mile long.

And here is are questions that I would like answered, since the all out assult on religions has been started in the last 30 or 40 years, is the country better off or worse off. Short of making the church of the united states, what harm comes from the ten comandments or a menorah being displayed in a public forum? Does anyone question that the Founding Fathers and those men who followed shortly thereafter believed in a higher power and asked for their guidance in the preamble of the Constitution and as Sab3r shown every state Constitution also? What is the diasterous harm that the invocation of a manger in the town square a Christmas will cause?

And if the answer is " because some people will be offended by its display like atheists", please show me to the clause in the Constitution that states you have a right to NEVER be offended or that you have a right or duty to only do things that everyone likes or approves of. Because if that is the case, there are many things going on in DC and the ACLU needs to get them stopped immediatly.
This is CABL.com posting #255104. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbewK
Posted in reply to: Re: We are not a Christian Country by Bkable
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: We are not a Christian Country drifterdawg 5/22/2009 12:42:05 AM