Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: We are not a Christian Country

Referring to the statement about religion being checked at the door, I have also never seen any "separation of church and state" in the Constitution. Just what you quoted the Constitution says about the government not getting into any regulation with it.
The ACLU can be helpful but has grown into a monster with extremists taking over and bastardizing the reason it was started in the first place. It has been twisted and spun.

Hitler and Stalin failed to stop peoples' belief in a higher power or for me, God. And why they want to keep trying is beyond me. The people will hold secret meetings if they tried that. I am hopeful that they will not succeed anyway and more of the silent majority will rise and declare there right to worship without persecution. I am happy discussions are happening and have joined a group in Anchorage for letting our thoughts and beliefs get aired. We are not extremist but I am tired of people trying to make people and people like me the bad guys for wanting the direction this country is headed abated.

There have been posts of life in another decade when it was all so much simpler and while we are not going backwards technologically, we could go back to a little more goodness and less evil. The U.S. was suppose to be the model of goodness and most of us acted that way. The U.S. was the country everyone wanted to go to and not to get rich so much as to have a better way of life. Now even the immigrants are me, me me. Those who use to be so grateful to be here. Now we have people who were born here saying this country is evil and that we are all that is wrong with the rest of the world and we are to blame. Nice, real nice.

This is CABL.com posting #254900. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbets
Posted in reply to: Re: We are not a Christian Country by JD42596
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: We are not a Christian Country JD42596 5/19/2009 5:12:20 PM