Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: This is what it is

I have worked damn near all over this country, as most of the members of this forum. I have spent months at a time away from my family working 100 plus hour weeks trying to get ahead. I have made a pretty decent living for myself and my family doing so, but I started from nothing. I did this to get out of the lower class, and continued to do so to get to the top of the middle class. I am sure that this could be said by 95% of the people here. Now we are made to feel that we are the evil ones, we are the ones keeping the poor down, we are the ones that are to blame for the unemployment rate and welfare. Instead of celebrating our success, now we are punished for it and will be taxed beyond belief to help those who, for the most part, never chose to help themselves. And it will get worse within the next 3 and 1/2 years. It is much like your earlier post on the college class, sab3r; why should I strive to do my best when it will be countered by 3 people that will sit on their butts.
I have done a lot of work in the places where social programs are working full time. These parts of Houston, Dallas, New York, Boston, and others are the scariest places I have ever been after dark. Easiest to work between 7am to 3pm because no one is up yet. That is not what I want my country to be!

Rome wasn't built in a day, but it can be destroyed in one presidental term.
This is CABL.com posting #254440. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbel2
Posted in reply to: Re: This is what it is by sab3r
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: This is what it is Bkable 5/16/2009 12:32:53 AM
Re: This is what it is ronjrcosten 5/15/2009 4:03:50 PM
Re: This is what it is sab3r 5/15/2009 2:07:07 PM