Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: A new meaning!!!!!

Been in that situation many times in the past 2 years...The ONLY thing that will make me walk off a job is a direct threat with a weapon... As far as whether to report this or that to whomever. If someone is in danger or if the conditions are life threatening then the proper people should be notified. I am not a counselor, referee, cop or doctor, but I am a human being, so if you use your best judgement you will know when something ain't right.
  Case in point I had a job in a condo near the beach. When I called the cust. to let em know I was coming, had a 6 year old answer the phone. He could just barely have a conversation. Kept asking him for mommy or daddy or someone. He kept saying he was alone... I got there and sure enough he was all alone. The job happened to be close to the shop so I told him to close the door and lock it and to not let anyone in and I went to the shop to inform my PM the situation...  He called and talked to the kid on the phone. I believe eventually we got a hold of the parents.. I went directly to my supervisor and gave him the judgement call.   

Been in some trailers with maggots covering the sink in the kitchen, roaches wall to wall, dead animal carcasses in the yard and under trailer, wide open septic coming straight out of the trailer pooling underneath, fleas so bad I had to strip down to my underware just to drive home and take 3 showers. Just to name a few situations.. 

This is CABL.com posting #254314. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbej0
Posted in reply to: A new meaning!!!!! by JBLLC
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: A new meaning!!!!! precisecom 5/16/2009 12:53:35 PM
Re: A new meaning!!!!! PhatMike 5/14/2009 1:02:31 PM