Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Linemen-What's Your Favorite Work Relateted Me

Another time that comes to mind was back in 95 or 96 when I was working in KCMO on a american cable job for US Cable and I was issued a print for a node that was on the river side of town.. well they issued me the node (parts) and in the BOM there was 2 cases of RTV Sealer the node was about 40% underground and the Splicing Supervisor said it needs to be done in a hurry, I asked the supervisor what was the RTV for, and he said you will find out, But use plenty of it, If you need more I will bring it out to you.

Well this was a trunk/feeder run along the Missouri River or should I say In the river.. I went to the location and all the equipment was setting 5 foot off the ground with steel pipes for stakes, jacketed cable laying exposed on the ground..didn't need a toner to find those cables, during the spring thaw that shit was 6ft underwater, that's what the RTV was for... Good old American Cable Systems, I can see why they were bought out.
This is CABL.com posting #253952. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbeea
Posted in reply to: Re: Linemen-What's Your Favorite Work Relateted Me by SpeedLasher
There are 0 replies to this message