Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: I have a question about starting my own busine

I been looking around here and reading most of the posts and the question of "contractor rights's" has posted a few times. seems to me someone is always asking about this but In my reading on here I haven't once saw a post that asked "what's the "contractors" responsibility to the customer or the MSO''...In this economy I would think that a guy/gal who wanted to start a co.would ask some questions of himself. My first questions would be, can I leave my current job(providing you have one) and make living owning my own business?.. who will give me a contract? how will I finance my business? can I afford the insurance? plus many more. It's not just about having a business card or buying some shirts to show off to your friends and saying ''Yea, I own my own business''. Your rights as a business owner should be..To perform in a professional manner...offer quality service..be on time...guarentee your work. It's you business!!! so, I wouldn't be worried about some guy telling you you have to be at work on time ''you should be''!  or telling you how to look... ''you should look professional''!... or telling you where to work... ''this is called making a profit''! or have a clean truck... ''it's your image''! The IRS has a page that you can see and it asks about 20 questions this subject and defines the lines between contractor/employee. If your one of the independantly wealthy that seem to be here than I guess you can pick and choose what you want to do. But for me it's more about making a name for the company than ''what my right's are''. There are risks involved in everything but if you never stick your neck out there you'll never know. Good luck to you if you go into business.
This is CABL.com posting #253463. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbd6h
Posted in reply to: I have a question about starting my own business. by bigdaddywiredup
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: I have a question about starting my own busine bigdaddywiredup 5/7/2009 2:36:22 AM