Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: I see that train comin

Ask yourself this question, why does the United States buy from China or Mexico instead of here? Why do we leave the border open?

It is all because of the policies taken and thrust upon us by the federal government. Because of all of the crazy layers of red tape and the tax structure on businesses that most of our manufacturing has left our shores. Because the things we all want and desire can be made more cheaply overseas where there are no rules. But who set up the ruleas and taxes here?

And the border has been an issue since the 60's. But you can't fix it now because you may upset the hispanic voting block, so put you hands over your eyes and ears and pretend it doesn't exist. All of the fuzzy feel good crap you hear from the press is repugnant on this issue. These people broke the law crossing our border and we are supposed to give them a pass. Why don't we give everyone a free murder too while we are at it. And if that is to extreme how about a free grand theft. Illegal immigrants committed a crime by coming here the way they have, why are we willing to let that stand?

The government has gotten way too big for its britches. They have intruded into every nook an crany of our lives and now look at the effect. Look back at the era's of this countries greatest achievments and what made us a world super power and the best country on Earth. Do you see the same government today as you did then? The same type of leaders? Why are we giving the current elected officals a walk on all of this current mess. They made it, not you or me, the government did. Who passed all of the laws that made this possible and who signed them into law? Look at all of the name calling and finger pointing going on on capital hill but who is doing what is needed to really fix it? They are all running around spending boat loads of money to fix a problem that was started by mandating people be allowed to spend boat loads of money they could not possibly afford to repay. That is exactly what strted the housing crisis, which is what started everything else.

I beleive the founding fathers would kick the living hell out of the idiots in office today, and with good reason. This government was clearly set up to be limited in scope and small in size by our Constitution. Look at what we have now, an omnipresent all powerful hydra that is sucking the very soul out of this country. One that promotes dependance on the government instead of a sense of pride, duty and self responsibility. And the longer we, the common man, women and child of the USA allow this to continue, the harder it will be to fix. And I am not sure how much longer we can wait before it can't be fixed. Every president since Reagan has been a failure in my opinion and have been getting progressivly worse. Bush sold out on his conservative principles with his spending and Obama is following his with even more outrageous spending. Where does it end?

This is CABL.com posting #252435. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbdPH
Posted in reply to: Re: I see that train comin by Gwester843
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: I see that train comin JBLLC 5/1/2009 2:02:54 AM
Re: I see that train comin Polehiker 4/30/2009 11:45:52 AM