Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Cable Contractors - Leave while you still can.

Man I can confirm most of what you said. Old "cable Dawgs" as they like to call themselves love to tell stories about how they can remember tube amps and pressure taps and when they didnt have all this damn digital cable, HD, & internet. The only channels they seem to check with their meter are the high and low pilots and dont even bother trying to figure out what QAM means let alone what the difference between 64 & 256 or what MER/BER is or why modems have recommended operational parameters.

On the other hand they are usually willing to work their ass off whereas the young newbs can quickly grasp all of the above but hack a job to pieces so they can get back to talking/texting on their cell phones and hate to sweat and never work wanna work late - "I've got plans!".

As far as what qualifies you as being knowledgable enough - this job is so easy a monkey could do it! There will always be someone who has more experience or seniority but that doesnt make them more knowledgable or qualified. " I've been doing it this way for 20 years!!" Well you can do it for 100 years but that doesnt mean its the correct way!
This is CABL.com posting #252411. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbdPj
Posted in reply to: Re: Cable Contractors - Leave while you still can. by cantBeBroken
There is 1 reply to this message