Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: social goals being met

No our taxes have not changed. But there is a 1700 dollar a year tax on cars deemed 'gas guzzlers'. There are also more energy taxes coming....a lot of them. They may not raise our income taxes but will tax us everywhere else. He has also reinstated the death tax. Money that has already been taxed will be taxed again if it is handed down. How many taxes will we get?

You are right about people that NEED food stamps but there are so many who don't and take advantage of the system. And I am hoping to see an example of a health care system that is run by the government that progresses. I mean where doctors want to learn more. I don't believe one exists . With a government system they won't make the money they make hence won't get the costly education they need and it will be overrun everytime someone gets a runny nose. There won't be as many doctors and there will be more people using it.

I have been looking and the UK websites and very few are happy with it. Many over there think the government never should have gotten into it. They feel the system is not efficient and there are long waiting periods as well as care that has degraded....these are things I have been reading anyway.

I also think there can be fixes to the screwed up system as it still is one of the best in the world. But I think so often we, as humans, expect perfection and when we don't get it we jump. I am guilty of this in some regard as are many of us.

The more social systems put in place the more the folks who don't want to contribute will want. Those of us working will drop in numbers since many will tire of paying for others' lives. Do you want to pay for your neighbor's mortgage or give them half of your pay? I don't.

Very good reply on your part, by the way. Thank you.
This is CABL.com posting #252116. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbdKy
Posted in reply to: Re: social goals being met by Gwester843
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: social goals being met Gwester843 4/27/2009 11:43:34 PM