Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Mechanics Lein/ When to put it on 'em or not!

im kinda going through the same thing, only i took a break from cable and sat because of the economy and the hassles. my wife and i started distributing pamphlets,publications,etc on a contract basis for a certain company, the work was good, the pay was good(close to cable money)and at first the pay was on time,and correct, after a couple of assignments, we started to get the ol run around about getting paid, immediately we stopped working for them and told them we will have no problem working for them once they settled up what they owe. we got the story they hadnt been paid yet by their client, we waited,we waited and we waited,.. after quite awhile, i contacted their client, the client stated they had been paid but in his contract to them, was a clause for them not to get involved with that companies handlings of its subcontractors, and that the contract we had also contained a clause that stated we were not to contact the client for any reason, well being in cable for almost 20 years, i know that sometimes ya gotta shake the tree a bit!!! well, it didnt work, seems like they were covering eachother.we havent been able to find an attorney who wants to touch it for one reason(excuse)or another, seems to me because its not millions of dollars involved. so, its been since january now, and weve gotten by, but we worked hard for our money, and still havent gotten a dime, so ive started contacting attorneys again trying to get someone to handle this for us, only this time ive started calculating daily late fees of 10%, which brings the original $1,800 they owe us to well above the $20,000 range, hopefully this will spark a lawyers interest and we can get some help.....other than that we dont know what to do.....its not like the old days where you could get justice with a gas can and a good lighter!!!  good luck my friend, and if you happen to find a way to help others recover their losses...please share that with all!!! i know there are lawyers out there that handle this sort of thing and work of a percentage of the amount recovered but darn if i can find one!!!
This is CABL.com posting #251907. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbdHb
Posted in reply to: Mechanics Lein/ When to put it on 'em or not! That by precisecom
There are 0 replies to this message