Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: New BirDogs - How to make it read full percent

Sorry, Cperk, I got my 'Dogs' 10 years ago when you could still find used ones from starving 'techs' willing to sell them off for less than $200 ea. Super Buddy's weren't even a drool on the engineer's lip yet. Nevertheless, even with the addition of a few 'squawkers' for good measure, I'm still not over the cost of one SB w/freight. I'm happy you are happy with them, but for me doing anything from 1lnb local adds to 5lnb Ka-Ku, up to and including commercial V-sats, I'll stay with the cheap and fast 'junk'.

I used to have a neighbor that loved to brag about his new computer every year...I finally pinned him down about why he kept getting new ones: HIS response was "Old is JUNK! Nothing is any good unless it is NEW!" I then asked him why he kept driving a three year-old Nissan pick-up when the warranty was gone? He never spoke to me again (thankfully).

It takes all kinds bud...You like what you like, and I like mine...none of which has any bearing on answering the original post! As far as that goes, just keep playing with it until you learn to read that particular meter's quirks (they ALL have them!). Otherwise get something you CAN trust! This biz is one thing if nothing else: CONSTANTLY CHANGING!
L-8-R-B
This is CABL.com posting #251419. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbdzj
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: New BirDogs - How to make it read full percent seanmassey 4/23/2009 12:55:30 AM