Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Is this true?

You don't see anything that would be classified??  Surely you cant be serious!!   What time a ship expects to pull into port, do they leak that out? Where is that ship headed when they leave port? Check out the front page of the newspaper, it may be in there!!  Just because something isnt "top secret" doesn't mean it isnt classified.

The fact is that anything that gets reported about any military operation HAS to be taken with a grain of salt. Anything from first shot fired to number of causalities to number of troops involved and the mission they were assigned. If you hear anything on any of this, plus a million more topics, it is flat out mis-information.

To give you an example from my own experience. I was on a ship off the coast of Somalia, we manned the rails and did the exit parade. We got about 30 miles out and turned around and went right back to the where we were. The next letter I received from home, was from my mother, saying how glad she was to see that we had left Somalia.  It turns out that CNN had shown footage of the last troops leaving.  We were there for another 2 months and we were replaced by another fleet. All the while the public was under the impression the US no longer had a presence in the area.
This is CABL.com posting #251292. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbdxg
Posted in reply to: Re: Is this true? by thepro77
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Is this true? thepro77 4/21/2009 11:27:32 AM