Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: not on CNN...why not?

I could not agree more. Even to you Gwester. Clinton and Bush both had a hand in this mess AS well as all of congress. I don't trust any of them and that is my point.  My beef is not with you Gwester, it is with the geniuses in DC. Don't believe any politician has your or my best interest at heart. The most important thing in their life is reelection. I do not profess to know everything, but I do have common sense. Believe me, I had major issues with Bush, and I already have issues with Obama. Clinton too. And it comes down to one basic premise. TELL ME THE TRUTH. All of them double speak and it makes me crazy. People lately have gotten this attitude of entitlement. And it was fostered by congress. My main point is to openly challenge congress and the president. Dont take what they say with blind faith. Just like Bush when he said the medicare drug coverage would cost x, in reality it was multiples higher(believe me, I rant at republicans too, I am equal opportunity ass ripper to those who deserve). That is the mentality that got this mess rolling. Go back and look through history, it was a lot more contentious than it is now. And things, in my opinion where in a better condition. I believe in term limits, if it is good for the president, why not congress.

I guess in a nutshell, my philosophy is Keep your eyes open, listen to what is said, but use your own judgement. And we have to stop hoping that the "new" congress is all of a sudden do the right thing. They work for all of us, not the other way around. We all need to act like the employer we all are and start firing those who deserve it.

Only one small disagreement with you 77, it is a slippery slope to even think about giving up rights and liberties for our or our childrens peace. Giving up either will assure you will not have the latter.
This is CABL.com posting #250653. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbdmX
Posted in reply to: Re: not on CNN...why not? by thepro77
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: not on CNN...why not? thepro77 4/16/2009 9:18:41 AM