Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Gettin it done 2

Just adding to it. I am aware and look about half and half. No specific percentage, however, the only time I ever came completely off a pole was about 13 years ago and it was on the way down. I use to run up poles and the bigger the steps down the better.. Till one day on the way down I hit an unusual out of place metal pole tag about 10 foot from the ground on a nice green pole and was like no elevator shaft I was able to recover from.. Landed on my feet though, one in grass and one on the sidewalk. Bruised or maybe fractured my heel and was in pain for about six months. Never had it checked. I payed much more attention since then.. I have had many gaff-outs since but always seem to not panic and my hands and feet find their way back in the pole before ground zero. I have to admit that on some of those occasions I probably could have licked my own ass in the positions I ended up in on the pole but was able to recover from the situation. If someone saw me in their back yard in one of these positions it had to be funny from where they were sitting. Not many but a couple I can recall.. One, doing wreck out with an idiot and others mostly shell rot.. Either way I "watch my feet" unless it is a nice green or older unscarred soft creosoted pole. To each his own. It takes a different kind of person to trust those hooks and himself..
This is CABL.com posting #250333. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbdhN
Posted in reply to: Re: Gettin it done 2 by linedog 0001
There are 0 replies to this message