Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Comcast contractor dies.

He should have belted off before he touched anything. Sorry to hear about someone getting killed like that but if you fall from cutting a mid-span it's stupidity not an accident. Darwin is thinning the herd every chance he gets. If he was not trained he should not have been out on his own if he was trained then he should have known better. Working off a ladder is not like climbing where you can hit a speed crack or get up to your work area and find rotten wood. That's something you have no control over but when you set a ladder you control everything about it. Where its placed how its placed how steep its set and how you belt off. Once again I don't like to see anyone get hurt or killed on the job and I feel for the guy's family but I hate stupidity and being thrown off a ladder when cutting down a mid-span is stupid no matter how you look at it. You don't take a crap without wiping do you? Then why would you be working at the strand without belting off? If my reply pisses some of you off good maybe you will remember it the next time you run up the ladder to do something thinking you don't need to belt off. Darwin loves stupidity it make his job easier.
If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking.
This is CABL.com posting #250300. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbdhg
Posted in reply to: Re: Comcast contractor dies. by infoaddict
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Comcast contractor dies. linedog 0001 4/12/2009 3:42:41 PM