Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Comcast contractor dies.

I just came off a stick on Tuesday. Lucky enough to come away with only a bad puncture wound to my left side, just above the hip, from a .540 pin connector, and a bruised lung. I have been in the industry for almost 27 years now, and have received every kind of training, safety meeting, OSHA training out there, and when it came right down to it, it was just plain carelessness on my part. I had been cutting all night, was tired, has a seven stick easement to cut over as my last project of the day, and was probably in more of a hurry to get it done than I should have been. I knew the pole was rotten and should have been more careful when getting ready to come down. I was unbelting and as I shifted to secure my safety to my left D ring, I cut out a soft chunk of that rotten pole with my right gaff and down I went. I know from experience that it is easy to get too comfortable up there when you are doing it day in and day out, and all it takes is just one slip, one mistake, and it could be your last. I am just lucky it only cost me a few days of lost production. If I'd have died, I know where I would be right now... with the Lord. For those of you out there that do this kind of work, and do not have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, I suggest you make that decision before it is too late. At least research the matter, and if you need material that will educate you on this subject, I'll be glad to lead you in the right direction. Loosing your life  is one thing, loosing your soul another.
Gary Vest
This is CABL.com posting #250274. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbdgQ
Posted in reply to: Re: Comcast contractor dies. by Polehiker
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Comcast contractor dies. foneguy 4/12/2009 11:11:06 AM
Re: Comcast contractor dies. oldlinedawg 4/12/2009 9:44:27 AM