Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: News Flash to Lineman

That probably was the STUPIDEST thing I have read in a long time!!!!!
  I will admit I am not a lineman and I dont gaff (we cant here in mass) but I do have alot of respect for you guys.....
  However I know some people piss you off as they do me but the fact I use a ladder by no means makes me a pussy, (of course being 6'6" tall and weighing 300lbs. makes it tough to be a pussy)
  I will go up the pole with the best of them in any weather at any time in any area.
I have done 2 and 3 pole RG-11 hits in snowstorms over 4 lane highways.
  I have done them in wind and rain.
  I have had the ladder hanging from the hooks the strand was so high.....still went up.
  I have had to put it in the step on the passenger side of my truck for extra height.

I am in no way asking for any more respect than I give I have not done the line work all of you have but I have only been in cable 3.5 years and ALL of it has been in the field not behind a desk and given the chance I would love to learn line work from the ground up.
  I am in no way fearless but I will do what it takes to get the job done EVERY TIME!.

Guys please dont take any of this the wrong way I am not complaining just saying my piece and if you all want me to refrain from coming to the linemans forum I will respect that.

Thanks for your time and your hard work all over America.
This is CABL.com posting #247654. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbcAA
Posted in reply to: News Flash to Lineman by supertick
There are 4 replies to this message
thanks for the reply and setting me straight guerillasplicer 3/21/2009 7:58:57 PM
Re: News Flash to Lineman 2brikshyvtwin 3/21/2009 8:49:01 AM
Re: News Flash to Lineman ActionTec 3/21/2009 8:23:29 AM
Re: News Flash to Lineman SpeedLasher 3/20/2009 4:23:16 PM