Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Looking For Training Material For CDV Alarm Ho

First thing is to verify that the alarm is working and the alarm company is receiving a signal.  Have the customer call the company before hand, and tell them that they need to run a test.  Let the customer set the alarm off, and wait to see if the alarm company calls back, and ask if they got the signal.  If they got the signal, it works, if not, it doesnt work.

The best way to make sure the alarm works with the cdv, is to run a dedicated phone line outside to the nid.  Disconnect the lines from the nid, and tie in your dedicated line with the ones that were removed from the nid.  I did it this way everytime I installed a phone, and it worked great.

Another way to do it, is to back feed the alarm with the second pair.  I started doing it this way after Charter stopped paying me to run a cable line and a phone line for phone installs.  You have to be really experienced in cdv installs to do it this way.  To much to really explain on the forum here.

Like I stated earlier, the best way to do it, is have them run a dedicated line to the nid.  When I did phone installs with Charter, I asked two questions to the customer.  Do you have an alarm?  If they say yes, then I would tell them that I needed to get to the room or garage that was on the opposite wall of the power meter, bellsouth nid, and cable house box, and run a line for the phone line, and one for the cable line.

If they said no, then I would just go to a room that had a cable jack and a phone jack, and install a double phone jack, and be out in less than 30min.

Hope this helps somewhat
This is CABL.com posting #247044. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbcqK
Posted in reply to: Looking For Training Material For CDV Alarm Home W by CATV WORK
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Looking For Training Material For CDV Alarm Ho ActionTec 3/16/2009 11:06:37 AM