Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: What is the Dumbest thing you have seen done i

I was doing new construction a few years ago (underground), push trunk & feeder, set peds, splice & activate - node to EOL.  I would turn it in to Comcast all at once.  Sweet work, every thing was new, no customers, they were just starting to build houses.  The in house inspector must have had to justify his job with gigs on every job, this time he found  some loose seizure screws and did me a favor by tightening them for me.  He called to let me know what he had found, he was so proud of himself.  Now the sweep was turned in and approved by the engineering dept. so I was pretty sure there were no seizure screw problems, but I went back out to take a look.  The whole node was off and 2 power supply modules were burned up.  He tightened a few seizure screws, about 20 locations all over the node and broke the pins off in the taps and shorted every thing out.  When I told his boss what I found he expected me to fix it, somehow I was my problem.  Funny man.  I think some in house techs got some overtime to resplice it.

This is CABL.com posting #245487. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbb1D
Posted in reply to: What is the Dumbest thing you have seen done in Ca by SpeedLasher
There is 1 reply to this message
ive heard this story before guerillasplicer 3/5/2009 11:12:41 PM