Create your free account now! Sign up

Not All Palnt Managers Are Assholes

OK I have read the post from Super Dick I mean Tick and yes it is very clear that the man has never had to build the plant he is claiming to manage. It is assholes like him that make it rough on the men and women in the field doing an honest day's work for a honest days pay. (With the prices some people are paying a honest days pay is getting harder to find). But not all plant managers are like that. When I started out 20 + years ago the plant manager would come out put on his hooks and work along side of us whenever he had a chance. He also had no second thoughts about going out himself and checking your work. If he said you missed a bond or a vertical you can damn sure bet your pay he was right. He knew his job because like me he started out at the bottom and worked his way up. He never forgot where he came from and who it was that helped him get to where he is. I have been and still am a project manager, and a plant manager and I followed his example, anytime I can I am in the field working along side of my people. Don't care if its pulling a lasher, swapping a jig, climbing a pole, directing traffic, even helping a installer if he needs it. Whatever it takes to get the job done. I respect my people and accept nothing but the same in return. If there right I back them up 100% and if their wrong I let them know about it in no uncertain terms. I have caught and at times still catch shit for the way I run things but the bottom line is the job gets done, my bosses are happy my people get paid and I sleep well at night. So I just like to restate Not all Plant Managers are assholes but there are quite a few that are and they fuck it up for the rest of us.
If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking.
This is CABL.com posting #245371. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbbZL
There are 4 replies to this message
Re: Not All Palnt Managers Are Assholes drifterdawg 3/3/2009 11:36:41 PM
Re: Not All Palnt Managers Are Assholes Lightmaster 3/3/2009 12:55:55 PM
Re: Not All Palnt Managers Are Assholes tmarti 3/3/2009 12:42:02 PM
Re: Not All Palnt Managers Are Assholes linedog 0001 3/3/2009 12:35:38 PM