Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Question to DirectV Installers

Yeah a standard install includes the actual coaxial cable to be furnished to complete the install. Like cabledog said, through a crawl space or exterior wall you should not charge the customer. Wall drops are different. If the wall drop was put in by someone other than the people who built the house and I can tie onto it and pull a new line through in it's place, then I don't charge for that either. I have seen customers pay for outlets that the tech ran through an exterior wall. Heck I have seen a house wired for cable, DISH and DTV , when the tech went out to install, he charged the customer $10 each for flat coax and ran his lines through the customer's window. That's a hard ass tech right there. The customer, in that case, should of spoken up. There are people in this industry that make up their own custom charges, i.e. crawl space entry, attic crawl's and such. That right there makes me laugh to no end. If you can't go underneath a house because you are scared or too fat, find another profession. If you set everything on a pole because you are scared of heights, find a new profession. If you can't tie your shoes, please don't try and install satellite sytstems, you're big sister won't be there to make the loops for you.
This is CABL.com posting #244571. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbbMR
Posted in reply to: Re: Question to DirectV Installers by cabledog
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Question to DirectV Installers bigdaddywiredup 4/1/2009 11:36:30 AM
Re: Question to DirectV Installers colin.704 2/26/2009 8:33:00 AM