Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Economic Stimulus Payment.

And for me the attitude of what can I get for no effort is what got us to this point. Politicians know and use it to their advantage. It still does not mean we should stop trying. And again 40 percent of registered voters did not go to the poles. And I do not know off of the top of my head what percentage of eligible voters actually registered.

To me this is no differnet now than when this country was formed. We are being taxed and not represented. I am not calling for an actual revolution, but for people to stop sitting on there hands complaining that I am but 1 man, what can I do. We all have the power to evoke change in government, the power of the vote. Too many of us blow it off as an inconvience, but then want to complain when things do not turn out right. That has to end.

The labor unions and the "intelligent elites" all have banded together to try and get what they want and have done a good job as of lately. Why is it that conservative, not republican, but conservative voters can not do the same. I truly believe that the US is a center right nation. But the republican party has been worried more about how the media percives it than doing what they say they stand for. Conservatism will not prosper when you are more worried abiout those who will never be swayed for you at the expense of those who already believe.

I live in PA. My great republican senator crossed over and voted for this disasterous bill. I have already called, faxed and emailed him informing him that he is done in my eyes. I will help any candidate who runs against in in the 2012 primaries. I can no longer sit by and watch these idiots destroy this country. I may be howling into the wind, but I could not look myself in the mirror anymore if I do nothing. I can see the problem, have a resonable idea on how to start fix it and could not stop now if I tried. 
This is CABL.com posting #243602. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbbxe
Posted in reply to: Re: Economic Stimulus Payment. by sab3r
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Economic Stimulus Payment. sab3r 2/17/2009 8:19:47 AM