Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: How Many Innocent People Do We Have In Prison?

I saw it in Detroit myself.  I was awaiting trial in a local circuit court to testify against a man that swindled me out of thousands.  While there waiting, I witnessed a parade of Black men in prison jumpsuits who couldn't make bail that was under $500.00 each go before a Black judge and get sent right back to jail.  Their crimes?  Driving without insurance.  Speeding.  Missed a court date for some minor offense. General traffic offense.  Their real crime.  They are Black and flat broke.  The combined monetary contention with the government was less that 5% of what I was took for.

Yet my criminal never spent a day in jail, had a free lawyer, never had to post bail, and pled down to a misdemeanor and walked out a free man and committed a plethera of additionsl crimes before being killed in a freak ladder accident last year.  Now a comment about the figures. 

The United States has at most 5% of the world's population at about 300 Million.  If the United States had 1/5 of the world's population, the US would have about 1.25 Billion people.

And the rest of the math and figuring in this string.  Good grief!
This is CABL.com posting #242612. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbbhg
There are 2 replies to this message