Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: north / south

Sounds like a motherfucker, guys. Guess you get full braggin rights! I'd try it, I'd get thru it but I'm sure I'd get fiiiiiired! Had tough jobs since day 1- started on a tree crew up around Boston, but I got soft since then.
I'll tell you what I got though- Been setting up free media servers in people's homes. Got a guy who builds these slimline pc's- barebones with Media Center and a kickass graphics card (usually hdmi out). I install a digital/hd antenna and rig it into the computer. I also set up a Hulu and Netflix account, and configure their remote and voila! They get like 30 digital/HD channels, free dvr plus ultimate on demand FREE! If they get cable, I'll rig that in too, but I suggest they dont. Also set it up so they can network their other pcs in and share photos or videos.Works great, excellent picture quality and they pay! They can also access it all remotely w/o slingbox. I'm charging enough to net around $500for an hour or so of setup (so long as they dont fuck it up and call me out again). Done maybe 50 of them, trying to grow it out to other states. Got a buddy working on a homepage to tie it all in.
What I really need is a way to broadcast from the pc to all the tv's without just cloning them. That'll take some real savvy, but the guy who figures that one out has a private tv system and will make millions Im sure! (then get sued by time warner). Any suggestions welcome- I'm sure you'll suggest I fuck myself first!

Hey guys, you know I got nothing but respect- thought it'd be more fun to get all riled up, I was wrong. Wont happen again. 2brik still got a good one coming- when its least expected!
This is CABL.com posting #242572. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbbgC
Posted in reply to: Re: north / south by Polehiker
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: north / south oldlinedawg 2/8/2009 9:16:37 AM