Create your free account now! Sign up

Re:some simple advice

OKOK, I absolutely agree. But in defense of the good, technical installers out there: just because you've been a lineman for 25 years definitely does not make you a good installer. A lot has changed in these folks' homes and on their pc's in the last 25 years! In my line of work, people expect their settop box to be wirelessly networked on their media server, router WPA encrypted to their laptops, settop box configured for dolby 7.0, game console streaming wireless media to the flatscreen thru their virtual server, online data storage activated, anti-virus and anti-intrusion protocols configured, complex voicemail and call forwarding set up and all of this translated into english. Some of the best lineman on here cant post a photo.

Now I am all too aware that the majority of cable guys out there will get a green 'online' light and be out the door, but that does not fly where I come from and I make far too much money setting up these ultimate media networks using a handful of jumpers and my laptop to give them any respect.

Now, since I'm already into this up to my nose, I might as well pose this nagging question of mine:
Who would be worse off... A great installer trying to hang a section of hardline and cut in a tap, or a 25 year pro lineman trying to eliminate a wireless dead spot in someone's home (a very common and basic service call).

OK boys, your turn! I can see you frothing at the mouth and those teeth look mighty sharp, bud!

hehe
This is CABL.com posting #241679. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mba2d
Posted in reply to: Re:some simple advice by linedog 0001
There are 3 replies to this message
Re:some simple advice islandcable 2/2/2009 3:08:51 PM
Re:some simple advice SpeedLasher 2/2/2009 1:46:08 PM
Re:some simple advice shaunz 2/2/2009 11:47:15 AM