Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Directv and AT&T bumping u

Well If you have a 3 box install and can only get phone jacks at 2 locations they arent going to burn you cause you cant hook up the third. Get a Supervisor to show you how to get it done and have him help. The easy money is gone. Installers have No say to the electrician that builds the wiring in these houses and they dont go to the expense and there have been situations where it would have taken Two days to get a phone line where they wanted it. So you advise customer what choices they have or get a supervisor than your in the clear,or they help you and show you something maybe you couldnt think of. What did we do when we had to try an get a cable to a room.? We found a way So do what you can other than that let it go. Its crap that things have gotten that way but Im not going into a 300,000.00 home and messing up things just to try an get a phone line to it. Your the Tech so decide what is feasible and whats not. Think about it this way when you pull up and see a house already wired are you griping? When you pull up to that house that already has a dish and all cables and phonelines are you going to be happy? So guess we have to take the good with the bad,or start finding another line of work.
    Actually thats what Im doing . Im going into Home Theater setup.Thats where the money is going to be if and when we come out of this recession were in. So right now this bussiness is tough. If you work for the companies where you have to supply your drop its going to get real bad. Im use to the company furnishing the drop and just my tools truck cell phone and fax machine was mine and still got paid $70/20.My paychecks were 1200 to 1800 a week. Some slow weeks I made 800 but I was home more. So phone lines are just something that you are actually getting paid for. 
cablpro.net
This is CABL.com posting #241637. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mba1x
Posted in reply to: Re: Directv and AT&T bumping uglie by Cperki1
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Directv and AT&T bumping u sbp37388 4/15/2009 9:15:33 PM
Re: Directv and AT&T bumping u tech! 4/6/2009 11:31:41 PM
Re: Directv and AT&T bumping u gh5908 4/6/2009 6:52:10 PM