Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: At what point are you a employee?

I can not even advertise my own business on my van. Thats not because the prime would not let me. It's because the cabe co. will not let me. I think that sums it up.After all I'm the one doing the Quality job the customer likes to see. how can a customer express his gratitude to the cable co.,If they do not know who should be complemented?Should the cable co. get it because they contracted a prime?The prime is just as frustrated as the rest of us. Contracts are suppose to be drawn up to protect both parties involved with said contract,It just seem's the cable co. is the only ones that get protected because they change the contract as they see fit. They will give you something then take it away 2 months after they gave it to you because they went over the books and figured you made too much for that job. Call it yet another amendment to the contract. Do you think this country would be where it is today(OTHER THAN DEEP KIMSHI) if we did that to the constitution??                                                                                                                                                                                 Have you ever heard " If the building has external outlets go ahead and run the A/O". Then you do, and the building has changed owners sence the last time any wire was placed on said building. The New owner has a hemerage!!! Will the cable co. back you up??? NEVER!!! they will roll on you like a dog in a shi* pile. learned my lesson. NO L.L. permission in WRITING. NO A/O. This should go for all drops hat do not folow power as well on rental property.And it's not my job to contact that owner at any time to ask. That is not what I get paid for. In the contract the cable co's have with home owner's there is a clause that gives the cable co. the right to replace things as needed. That does not mean add a big gray house box and Green ground wire with a bright orange ground tag. These cable co's do not show respect for peoples property or people who work for them. Cant even get a wave from an in-house tech in most cases.Though there are a few, Its like they are told from day 1, contractors are scum and do not be friendly with them just look for something they are doing wrong and get pictures if you can.
This is CABL.com posting #240602. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbaKQ
Posted in reply to: Re: At what point are you a employee? by robert84
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: At what point are you a employee? ActionTec 1/27/2009 9:25:48 AM