Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: My nightmare experience with national satellit

I feel your pain, my friend. I also worked for NSB in early 2008. He made promise after promise and never delivered. He would only pay me 300 to run the project I was on. When I finally had my fill, I turned off my phone and laid down for the day. The bright guy that Keith is, he put a toothless, no showering bum in charge who only says "you know what I'm saying". At the time, we were contracting through Skylink. Each check was short. I do believer that he made an effort to pay me as correct as he could becasue I keep on top of my jobs. When we came close to reaching our time in York, I found that I was missing 2 line dvr's, ka/Ku dishes and upgrade money. He simply stated that he didn't get paid for it. Aa couplke more weeks we were told by his side kick, Tom, that Ka/Ku was considered the same as a reg Dish. Having my fill, I planned my escape. I knew that while the transission from Skylink to DirectSat was happening at the same time as my vacation. I knew that being off for two weeks would make me cought up when I came back. When I did come back, I only worked two days. I knew that I wasn't going to get paid for the lost jobs and why should I keep the cycle going????? Better to lose 2 days that 2 weeks.

For those of you that feel you NEED to keep working for these idiots, there is another way out. There is only two companiies that I will work for that are longer than 2 weeks out in pay. Lonnie with Preffered and CC Dish (only becasue I know the owner). Lonnie is an upstanding owner and will do his best to make things right. Remember that they are only one person. As long as you do your job correctly then you should not have a problem getting paid. The other reason is becasue they use a real time closing proceedure that keeps track of jobs. You always know what you make. No guessing.

There are a few good companies out there. All I can say is to research who you work for. Talk to other peiople that work there. Run a back ground through BBB, Dunn & Bradstreet, local court house, whatever it takes. Its really your own fault if you get burned becasue there are so many people out there trying to get over on people that they know if they throw a  big enough bone, you will bite.

I have had my share of bad ones as well. I was in a rough spoit when I went to work for NSB. It was my fault and I have never let myself get that way again. You do have options. keep all your paperwork and take legal action. Most of these guys know that when it comes down to it,  they will winj  because nobody will push that hard for their money. Case in point:

Does anyone remember Stacey and Steve? She was cought and a huge suit was filed. In the end all she had to do was pay what she owed to the techs and they dismissed alal charges but hooked her on fraud from Social services. 4 years later, still no money.........

It's unfortunate that we can't all work from ourt house but considering the alternative, I at least know I will  be paid. I get a call from This Jamacan, Geofrey, asking me to come back and work. I told them that if they could get their dusck in a row to call me. Still waiting.

Godd luck and God Bless.....
This is CABL.com posting #240346. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbaGI
Posted in reply to: My nightmare experience with national satellite &a by installer34
There are 0 replies to this message