Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: The best lineman??????????

I would just like to add that I am second generation with 18 years. Discovered it from mike samsel (my father)from upstate n.y. and learned my ethic from a freewheeler banned from the state of texas after the other biker whom alledgedly shot dick in the face with a .22 turned up face down in a river in texas. that aside I lived and learned from this crazy biker in washington,oregon area in 1991 and was amazed by the fluidity of his hands when he was sober. got the itch and been trying to shake it ever since. went to illinois where I worked for rocky mountain fiber then to rs system services. wheeling,des plaines, many other chicago suburbs where I not only raced my jigger in a bucket hanging steel and aluminum pole mounts and 8 inch snatch blocks while he jigged rope off a winch or pole master then we would winch in the fiber around lunch time then I would drop most if not all mounts before going home. average runs 3-5k and 30-40 poles one way. worked with 6-8 other guys and a girl (deeno $ tina) that i am sure will never forget. but in addition to 40-60 poles a day I worked out before and after work everyday. Not bragging just saying.. learned to splice and sweep but still climb when I have to. can't do that today but there was a day. I have learned though after hearing all the bs on many projects that you can only go so fast period. but production minded finds a way, cutting any corners usually screws your pooch. forgot more names than I can remember and all the famine aside as opposed to the feasts I have made a bunch of money and had alot of fun. R.I.P. Dick Newton, Tim Bond, Allen in n.c. even though I didn't like him but getting ripped off a pole when a car catches your strand has to suck. I probably aint the best best but can certainly run with the big dogs, and anyone who has ever known me was always glad to have me in their corner especially at closing time.. Peace to my linebrothers. And to any of you linedog women that have put up with it you deserve all the respect. Oh yeah! burned one pole 18 years. of course I quite running up poles when I had my babies.. 
                      mike cowart, a.k.a. SUPERMAN
This is CABL.com posting #240005. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbaBd
Posted in reply to: Re: The best lineman?????????? by SpeedLasher
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: The best lineman?????????? oldlinedawg 1/22/2009 4:31:24 AM