Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Is my private bucket truck a "commercial

That's true If you are driving a Ryder, UHaul or a Penske but if you are running a F450 with a Boom on it and Duel Wheels and you blow a scale in kansas.. you will have Blue Light DOT on your ass.. has nothing to do with a medical Card or the DOT Numbers, They want to make sure you have Mud Flaps so you are not throwing chunks of rocks thru other peoples windshield.. they also want to do a tire & brake check.. because they sure know that there are allot of trucks that fall below the radar that have bad tires and worn out brakes... I have been pulled over on the side of the road before and had my brakes checked on a single wheel 1 ton van
they told me it was a commercial inspection.. caught a $75.00 fine for a ReCap on the front.. sure it is stupid to run recaps on the front but it was a spare .. the DOT didn't give a rats ass I had a flat 300 miles before and I was going to a job.. showed him the tire in the back.. he said I passed at least 12 truck stops where I could have got a new tire..

Not trying to bust anybody balls .. just make sure you truly know the law's for each state you travel thru.. Will save you lots of money and a lot of time setting there watching the blues while they spend your hard earned money
This is CABL.com posting #238681. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbafR
Posted in reply to: Re: Is my private bucket truck a "commercial by Sergiopc
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Is my private bucket truck a "commercial Sergiopc 1/11/2009 7:33:46 PM