Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Do I work Inhouse or Sub? WTF

I've  worked both sides of that fence.  I started out in contracting, then watched them cut rates so far that it has forced me in-house with the MSO.  I now make out better due to the benefits than when I was putting in 16hr days installing. Four 12hr shifts a week and the take home is equal.  A no-brain decision when you have kids.

I must call you to task on your generalization of "...go inhouse and f#$%^@ up sh*t like they always do..."  You also call in-house techs unprofessional and assume we all came from BestBuy.  When you point your finger at in-house, keep in mind there are three more fingers pointing in the opposite direction.

Granted, I agree that there are SOME in-house techs that should not be trusted out in the field.  Better to reassign them and issue them a mop bucket in the warehouse.  BUT...having done contract installing, as much can be said of SOME of those techs too.  There is good and bad on both sides of the fence.  So to single out in-house techs as the sole cause of your misery is untruthful and unfair to all.

Growning up I was taught:  Don't worry about what the other guy is doing.  Worry about what you are doing to make it better.

BTW:   If you don't like the 2 month slowdown, you have two choices:  You can change your vocation or location.  You decide your fate, not the other guy, so stop blaming him.  Look in the mirror.

Peace,

RadioMan

This is CABL.com posting #238126. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m96U
Posted in reply to: Do I work Inhouse or Sub? by cantgetright
There are 6 replies to this message
Re: Do I work Inhouse or Sub? WTF djackson8809 1/21/2009 3:49:16 AM
Re: Do I work Inhouse or Sub? WTF islandcable 1/17/2009 5:17:51 PM
Re: Do I work Inhouse or Sub? WTF nccofi 1/17/2009 2:36:21 PM
Re: Do I work Inhouse or Sub? WTF cantgetright 1/7/2009 7:32:31 PM
Re: Do I work Inhouse or Sub? WTF dshdwg 1/6/2009 10:34:31 AM
Do I work Inhouse or Sub? WTF cantgetright 1/6/2009 10:28:00 AM