Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Proof of I-9

As a sub for VZ I too had the same concern about handing over the info to the prime. So I did not. My prime hired an attorney to handle this issue and to verify compliance. I sent my documents to the lawyers office with written documentation about confidentiality of the personal info, ID theft concerns, etc. I wanted them to know that they were on the hook for any misplaced/lost/stolen documents. I also informed my employees what was happening just in case they noticed signs of ID theft. I've been a victim of ID theft so I take that stuff very seriously.
If any of the other posters were working for VZ they would have told you that VZ is in fact requiring all their primes enter into contracts regarding I-9 compliance. (I think the feds must be watching VZ or VZ is being threatened with lawsuit or something.)
Basically, VZ's compliance program is making sure the I-9s are filled out correctly and completely and verifying that the required ID documents (passport, ss card, etc) are valid. The contractor that you are seeking work from should be able to provide you the contract addendum that VZ entered with its primes back in the summer as proof of this requirement.
Good luck.
This is CABL.com posting #236871. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m9MF
Posted in reply to: Proof of I-9 by sdberle
There are 0 replies to this message