Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Are We Allowed To List Known Convicted Felons

The short answer is yes, you should let others know when someone has cheated you. HOWEVER, we are very strict about negative posts. You wouldn't like it if someone posted bad things about you, so we ask that you consider the same about others.

Part of the problem is that most negative posts are not intended to "inform" others as much as to inflict revenge. Also, we have no way of determining the real circumstances behind your statements. Maybe you're just pissed off for being legitimately backcharged for bad work, fired for good reason, or whatever, we can't know.

As for posting content, ANY accusatory statements like "they won't pay you", ANY name-calling like "they are thieves", or anything else that goes beyond a professional, factual statement will be seen as evidence that the message was not posted in good faith.

You're already starting off with a few strikes against you having a handle like "pissoncable", no posting history, and no name in your profile. A member who has posted good things about other people/companies over several years will get far more leeway in a negative post than someone who comes in on a new, anonymous account.

Make a basic statement and you should be ok:
"My name is John Doe. I worked for XYZ, Inc. They said I'd get paid in 30 days but I still haven't seen a dime after 3 months."
This is CABL.com posting #236384. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m9EO
Posted in reply to: Are We Allowed To List Known Convicted Felons ? by pissoncable
There are 5 replies to this message
Re: Are We Allowed To List Known Convicted Felons ernestbige 12/18/2008 5:54:00 PM
Re: Are We Allowed To List Known Convicted Felons Gwester843 12/18/2008 1:47:00 PM
Re: Are We Allowed To List Known Convicted Felons uglyoldlineman 12/18/2008 12:39:00 PM